This year, the Arab Japan Day Symposium will focus on “Sustainable Energy and Water Security”, a globally shared issue as well as a significant challenge to the Arab World where demographic growth and economic development are on an upward trend. To better understand the current situation of water and energy in the Arab world and challenges in safe and sustainable supply thereof, we will discuss how Japan can cooperate and collaborate in this field based on its experience and expertise, and what business opportunities can be found for Japanese companies in the region.
Date and Time: Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 from 15:30-17:30
Venue: Sakura Room (4th Floor, Main Building), Imperial Hotel
1-1, Uchisaiwai-Cho 1-Chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Organized by: Council of Arab Ambassadors and Heads of Mission in Japan
Supported by: The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ), Japan Cooperation Center for the Middle East (JCCME), Japan Cooperation Center Petroleum (JCCP?
• 15:30-15:40 Opening Remarks
• H.E. Mr. Rachad BOUHLAL, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Morocco to Japan
• 15:40-16:10 Keynote Lecture
• Mr. Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman & CEO, The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan
16:10-17:30 Panel Discussion Followed by Q&A
Ms. Yukari Yamashita, Board Member, Director
The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan
• H.E. Dr. Khalil Bin Ebrahim Hassan, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Bahrain to Japan
• Mr. Shinichi Kihara, Director, Middle East & Africa Division, Trade Policy Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
• Mr. Takeshi Kurioka, General Manager, Environment Infrastructure Department, Marubeni Corporation
• H.E. Ms. Fatma Alshamsi, Assistant Under-Secretary for Future Energy & Electricity, Water Sector, Ministry of Energy of the United Arab Emirates.
Capacity: 100 persons (Registration is on a first come first serve basis and subject to capacity)
Simultaneous interpretation: English, Japanese
Kindly Download the Registration Form As the registration has reached the capacity, the registration is closed
Liaison Office of Arab Japan Day:
FAX: 03-3456-6290 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiry: Liaison Office of the Arab Japan Day c/o Embassy of the State of Kuwait
TEL: 03-3455-0361/ Mr. Antonio (ext.45)